According to the State Street Study:
- Seventy percent of data leaders are confident they can generate forward-looking insights from their data, compared to 43 percent of laggards;
- Seventy-two percent are confident about integrating performance and risk analytics, compared to only half of laggards;
- Sixty-eight percent are very confident about being able to conduct scenario and stress testing investment portfolios, versus only 38 percent of data laggards;
- Ninety-two percent of leaders believe their investments in data and analytics are keeping pace with the growth of their business, compared to only half of laggards;
- Leaders are investing in smarter, faster investment decisions. Over the next three years, 89 percent plan to raise their investment in order management and execution management systems, 77 percent plan to invest more in portfolio modeling and optimization systems, 70 percent say they plan to invest further in benchmark data and 64 percent expect to increase their investment in risk analytics.
State Street Global Exchange combines capabilities in research and advisory, portfolio performance and risk analytics, electronic trading and clearing, information and data management, along with new innovations to help asset owners and managers gain new insights and execute investment decisions efficiently.For further information on the study and to view the executive summary, please click here. For special materials and other information, follow State Street on Twitter @State Street. About State Street Corporation State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $26 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.2 trillion in assets under management* at September 30, 2013, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s web site at www.statestreet.com. *This AUM includes the assets of the SPDR Gold Trust (approx. $39 billion as of September 30, 2013), for which State Street Global Markets, LLC, an affiliate of State Street Global Advisors, serves as the marketing agent. 1State Street commissioned the Economist Intelligence Unit to conduct a survey of more than 400 financial services executives representing a cross-section of the investment industry, with a roughly equal balance between asset owners and asset managers. Respondents were globally distributed, with roughly one-third based in North America, one-third in Asia Pacific and one-third in Europe. To round out our report, the survey results were supported by in-depth interviews with industry executives conducted by Longitude Research. CORP-0899