- WMB has 10x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 0.50 mentions/day.
- WMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $225.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WMB: The Williams Companies, Inc. operates as an energy infrastructure company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. WMB has a PE ratio of 39.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Williams Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Williams Companies has been 5.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams Companies has a market cap of $23.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.88 days to cover. Shares are up 5.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $539.00 million or 25.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.04%.
- 39.93% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS COS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WMB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WMB's net profit margin of 8.68% compares favorably to the industry average.
- WMB, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 9.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $155.00 million to $141.00 million.
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.