Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Uni-pixel ( UNXL) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Uni-pixel as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UNXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.7 million.
- UNXL has traded 377,072 shares today.
- UNXL is up 3% today.
- UNXL was down 19.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UNXL: Uni-Pixel, Inc. delivers performance engineered films to the display, touch screen, and flexible electronics market segments in the United States. The company offers finger print resistant and hard coat protective cover films for various touch enabled devices. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Uni-pixel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Uni-pixel has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Uni-pixel has a market cap of $206.8 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of -0.12 and a short float of 61.9% with 5.14 days to cover. Shares are up 25.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Uni-pixel as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 130.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.04 million to -$4.70 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, UNI-PIXEL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- UNXL, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 98.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- UNI-PIXEL INC's earnings per share declined by 37.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNI-PIXEL INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.13 versus -$1.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.21 versus -$1.13).
- The gross profit margin for UNI-PIXEL INC is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -469500.00% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Uni-pixel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.