Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Amerco ( UHAL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amerco as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UHAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.1 million.
- UHAL has traded 49,925 shares today.
- UHAL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UHAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UHAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UHAL: AMERCO operates as a do-it-yourself moving and storage operator for household and commercial goods in the United States and Canada. UHAL has a PE ratio of 12.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Amerco a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Amerco has been 37,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Amerco has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.74 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.52 days to cover. Shares are up 62.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amerco as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UHAL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.95% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 74.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UHAL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMERCO has improved earnings per share by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMERCO increased its bottom line by earning $13.56 versus $10.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($16.20 versus $13.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income increased by 40.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $80.57 million to $112.97 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, AMERCO's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Amerco Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.