- AGNC has 12x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.06 mentions/day.
- AGNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $189.7 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGNC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGNC: American Capital Agency Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 14.7%. AGNC has a PE ratio of 2.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate American Capital Agency a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for American Capital Agency has been 6.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. The stock has a beta of 0.14 and a short float of 3% with 1.32 days to cover. Shares are down 24.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Capital Agency as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- AGNC, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 124.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP reported lower earnings of $4.40 versus $5.22 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4.5% in earnings ($4.20 versus $4.40).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 915.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $86.00 million to -$701.00 million.
- You can view the full American Capital Agency Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.