- PRU has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.12 mentions/day.
- PRU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $183.0 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRU: Prudential Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both individual and institutional customers in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Prudential Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Prudential Financial has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 1.4% with 3.17 days to cover. Shares are up 53.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Prudential Financial as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PRU's share price has jumped by 42.66%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PRU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC reported lower earnings of $0.94 versus $6.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.80 versus $0.94).
- PRU, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 37.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.01 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.