Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Santarus ( SNTS) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Santarus as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNTS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.0 million.
- SNTS traded 973,486 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:12 AM, representing 75.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNTS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNTS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNTS: Santarus, Inc., a specialty biopharmaceutical company, focuses on acquiring, developing, and commercializing proprietary products that address the needs of patients treated by physician specialists. SNTS has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Santarus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Santarus has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Santarus has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 11.7% with 5.02 days to cover. Shares are up 121.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Santarus as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SNTS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 89.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SNTS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.51, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SANTARUS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1780.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 155.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- You can view the full Santarus Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.