Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified KeyCorp ( KEY) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified KeyCorp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KEY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $120.0 million.
- KEY is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KEY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KEY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KEY: KeyCorp. operates as the holding company for KeyBank National Association that provides various banking services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. KEY has a PE ratio of 14.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate KeyCorp a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for KeyCorp has been 10.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. KeyCorp has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.71 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.64 days to cover. Shares are up 49.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KeyCorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 24.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $219.00 million to $272.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for KEYCORP is currently very high, coming in at 91.23%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.59% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 48.87% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- KEYCORP has improved earnings per share by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KEYCORP reported lower earnings of $0.86 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.95 versus $0.86).
- KEY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full KeyCorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.