- GPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $187.0 million.
- GPS is up 4.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPS: The Gap, Inc. operates as an apparel retail company. It offers apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime, Athleta, and Intermix brands. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. GPS has a PE ratio of 13.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Gap a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gap has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gap has a market cap of $17.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 3.4% with 1.87 days to cover. Shares are up 20.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gap as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GPS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, GAP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GAP INC has improved earnings per share by 30.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GAP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.32 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $2.32).
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.