Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Celldex Therapeutics ( CLDX) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Celldex Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.4 million.
- CLDX has traded 3.0 million shares today.
- CLDX is up 22% today.
- CLDX was down 8.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLDX: Celldex Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development, manufacture, and commercialization of novel therapeutics for human health care primarily in the United States. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Celldex Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Celldex Therapeutics has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celldex has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.04 and a short float of 12.8% with 4.09 days to cover. Shares are up 251% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Celldex Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 38.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.77 million to -$19.02 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$18.06 million or 50.99% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CLDX, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 95.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.02 versus -$1.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.97 versus -$1.02).
- You can view the full Celldex Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.