- KAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.1 million.
- KAR traded 183,980 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:42 AM, representing 15.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KAR: KAR Auction Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides vehicle auction services in North America. It operates in three segments: ADESA Auctions, IAA, and AFC. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. KAR has a PE ratio of 39.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate KAR Auction Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for KAR Auction Services has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. KAR Auction Services has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.89 and a short float of 2.3% with 1.10 days to cover. Shares are up 44.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KAR Auction Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.17% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.60% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KAR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC has improved earnings per share by 41.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.66 versus $0.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.21 versus $0.66).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 39.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $23.90 million to $33.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $132.20 million or 37.99% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.19%.
- You can view the full KAR Auction Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.