Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Dick's Sporting Goods ( DKS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Dick's Sporting Goods as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DKS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.0 million.
- DKS has traded 736,706 shares today.
- DKS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DKS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DKS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DKS: Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. operates as a sports and fitness retailer primarily in the Eastern United States. The company provides hardlines, including sporting goods equipment, fitness equipment, golf equipment, and hunting and fishing gear products; apparel; and footwear products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. DKS has a PE ratio of 20.5. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Dick's Sporting Goods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dick's Sporting Goods has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dick's Sporting Goods has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 6.4% with 5.94 days to cover. Shares are up 17.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dick's Sporting Goods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DICKS SPORTING GOODS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DICKS SPORTING GOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.31 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.63 versus $2.31).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 56.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $53.66 million to $84.16 million.
- DKS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Dick's Sporting Goods Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.