It’s the season for making lists and checking them twice so let’s not forget our pets. PetSmart® (NASDAQ: PETM) has something for every pet (and budget) this Black Friday with more than 3,200 items on sale for at least 50 percent off. “We asked pet parents about their holiday shopping plans and 25 percent said they will shop for their pets on Black Friday,” said PetSmart CEO David Lenhardt. “Overall, we know that about 76 percent of pet parents plan to give their pet a special treat or present for the holidays, and more than half plan to get their pet a holiday stocking.” With more pet parents including their pets on their holiday shopping lists, PetSmart is kicking off Black Friday with a week of sales.
- The Black Friday pre-sale starts on Monday, Nov. 25 with three days of in-store and online deals.
- On Thanksgiving Day starting at 6 a.m. EST, Black Friday deals will be offered exclusively on PetSmart.com with free shipping and no minimum purchase required.
- The in-store Black Friday sale starts on Friday, Nov. 29 when most stores will open at 7 a.m. across the United States. The first 100 customers in every store that day will each receive a free stocking stuffed with $130-worth of in-store coupons plus dog and cat treats.
- All Martha Stewart Pets holiday apparel – including cozy snowman sweaters, reindeer antlers and fleece pajamas – is on sale starting at $7.49.
- PetSmart’s Holiday Top Dog™ grooming package includes a sugar-cookie cologne spritz, holiday bandana and a festive collar charm starting at $18. And if a nail trim is in order, all Pawdicure services are 50 percent off during Black Friday weekend.
- And don’t forget the small pets. Guinea pig Santa and elf costumes are on sale for $2.99 and Top Fin aquarium ornaments will bring the holiday spirit to your fish for $1.99 to $4.99.
- Keep pet fur off the furniture with a FURminator® Deshedding Tool for cats and dogs. All models are half off, starting at $18.99.
- The Bissell Spot Clean Pet Plus compact cleaning machine will take care of pet accidents or spills and is on sale for $79.99, regularly $129.99.
- Smells will stay where they belong with Nature's Miracle Self-Cleaning Litter Box, on sale for $69.99, a 50-percent savings.
- Make homemade dog biscuits shaped like bones and fire hydrants with the Sunbeam Gourmet Treat Maker, which will be on sale for $19.99 and available only in stores in limited quantities.
- Treat your dog to his own holiday meal, starting at $1.69, with BLUE Santa Stews Holiday Feast, made with real turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans and cranberries, and BLUE Santa Snacks crunchy biscuits baked with oatmeal and cinnamon.
- At $19.99, the Top Paw 33” x 45” pillow bed will provide any pet with soft, cozy comfort while they wait for Santa to come.
- Book a stay at the PetSmart PetsHotel for the weekend and your pet can enjoy a special Thanksgiving meal and treat for an extra $6.
- Fill your pet’s stocking with new toys. All Pet Holiday™ dog and cat toys are reduced 50 percent, starting at $1.49.
- If you wonder what your pet does while you’re away, the Motorola Scout 500-2 video pet monitor lets you keep an eye on them with two cameras and a hand-held monitor for $119.99, a 40-percent savings.
- Keep the felines busy (and off your furniture) with the Whisker City Platform Play Cat Tower which is half off at $69.99.
- Select dog and cat treats are 50 percent off, including the Pet Holiday 24-inch rawhide knot bone which is wrapped in a red bow and comes in natural or peanut butter flavors for $8.99.
- If you need help watching your pets while you’re shopping, stays at PetSmart’s Doggie Day Camp are 50 percent off during Black Friday weekend.
Following the Black Friday sale, the savings continue with new offers in-store and online through Thanksgiving weekend followed by a Cyber Week sale, starting Dec. 2 on PetSmart.com, with up to 60 percent off select web-only products.For more information about PetSmart’s holiday products, deals and store hours, visit www.PetSmart.com. About PetSmart PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company employs approximately 52,000 associates and operates more than 1,301 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, over 196 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information ( http://www.petsmart.com). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day CampSM day care services and pet adoption services. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities ®, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets since 1994. PetSmart Charities, Inc. and PetSmart Charities of Canada, Inc. (“PetSmart Charities”) are independent, nonprofit organizations that save the lives of homeless pets and reduce shelter intake through spay/neuter efforts. In 2012, nearly 450,000 dogs and cats found homes through the organization's adoption centers in all PetSmart stores and by sponsoring community adoption events. PetSmart Charities is the leader in granting money to help pets in need, with more than $28 million given in 2012 throughout North America.