- Gross profit increased by approximately 53% relative to the same quarter last year to $4.88 million;
- Revenue increased by 29% relative to the third quarter of last year to $46.8 million;
- Overall volumes of product sold increased by 19% for the third quarter of 2013 versus the third quarter of 2012;
- Our overall per barrel margin increased by 29% relative to the same quarter a year ago;
- Income before income taxes improved by 486% for the quarter; and
- Net income improved by 11% relative to the third quarter of last year to $2.33 million.
Vertex Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: VTNR), an environmental services company that recycles industrial waste streams and off-specification commercial chemical products, today announced its financial results for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2013. Financial highlights for the quarter include: