- Received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for OTREXUP™.
- Initiated a clinical study evaluating testosterone enanthate administered weekly by subcutaneous injection and dosed the first testosterone deficient adult males using the VIBEX ® Quick Shot ™ auto injector device.
- Data from three OTREXUP ™ (methotrexate) clinical studies were presented at the annual American College of Rheumatology meeting. The clinical study data comparing the systemic availability of methotrexate (MTX) using OTREXUP ™ compared with MTX taken orally was selected for a prestigious podium presentation.
- Issuance of a new U.S. patent number 8,562,564 entitled "Prefilled Syringe Jet Injector.” This patent is designed to protect the use of medicament containing prefilled syringe based auto injectors such as those used in OTREXUP ™ and Quick Shot ™ testosterone. The Company expects to receive at least one additional patent in 2014 that will also protect OTREXUP ™ bringing the number of patents that specifically cover the product to seven.
- Elected Robert P Roche Jr. to the Board of Directors. Mr. Roche brings to Antares extensive commercial and product launch experience.
- Appointed Dr. Bruce Freundlich as Senior Vice President, Medical. Dr. Freundlich’s experience both in industry and academia as a practicing and highly regarded rheumatologist will be valuable as we commercialize OTREXUP ™.
- Ended the quarter with $70.0 million in cash and investments and no debt.
Antares Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATRS) today reported operating and financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013. Quarter and Recent Highlights