- Total revenues increased 9.8% to $140.7 million, compared to $128.2 million in the prior year period;
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 6.5% at Pollo Tropical and 1.8% at Taco Cabana;
- Comparable restaurant guest traffic increased 3.2% at Pollo Tropical and decreased 0.1% at Taco Cabana;
- Four company-owned Pollo Tropical restaurants were opened; and
- Net income increased 38.2% to $5.0 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, compared to net income of $3.6 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2012.
Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. (“Fiesta” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:FRGI), the owner, operator, and franchisor of the Pollo Tropical® and Taco Cabana® fast-casual restaurant brands, today reported results for the third quarter of 2013 which ended on September 29, 2013. The Company also provided initial operating targets for 2014. Highlights of Third Quarter 2013 Results Include: