- ARCC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.4 million.
- ARCC has traded 914,953 shares today.
- ARCC traded in a range 225.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.36.
- ARCC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 40 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 40 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARCC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARCC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARCC: Ares Capital Corporation specializes in acquisition, recapitalization, mezzanine debt, restructurings, rescue financing, and leveraged buyout transactions of middle market companies. It also makes growth capital and general refinancing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 8.8%. ARCC has a PE ratio of 8.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Ares Capital Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ares Capital Corporation has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ares has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are down 1.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ares Capital Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 46.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $90.93 million to $133.50 million.
- The gross profit margin for ARES CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 66.83%. Regardless of ARCC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ARCC's net profit margin of 64.76% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ARES CAPITAL CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ares Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.