Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Ball Corporation ( BLL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ball Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.4 million.
- BLL has traded 851,069 shares today.
- BLL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLL: Ball Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies metal packaging products to the beverage, food, personal care, and household products industries in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. BLL has a PE ratio of 21.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Ball Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ball Corporation has been 941,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ball has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 2% with 2.55 days to cover. Shares are up 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ball Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.43% to $509.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BALL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.29%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BALL CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BALL CORP reported lower earnings of $2.56 versus $2.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $2.56).
- BLL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Containers & Packaging industry average. The net income increased by 0.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $115.10 million to $115.20 million.
- You can view the full Ball Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.