- BBRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.4 million.
- BBRY is up 3% today.
- BBRY was down 16.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBRY: BlackBerry Limited engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of wireless solutions worldwide. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates BlackBerry a buy, 9 analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackBerry has been 26.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Shares are down 33.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackBerry as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BLACKBERRY LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, BLACKBERRY LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$1.20 versus $2.24 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 310.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$235.00 million to -$965.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$144.00 million or 133.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- In its most recent trading session, BBRY has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. This company's share value has not moved any higher or lower since its value 12 months ago, and we feel the risks associated with investing in this company will outweigh any potential future gains.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.