Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Immunogen ( IMGN) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Immunogen as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IMGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.8 million.
- IMGN traded 85,867 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:12 AM, representing 12.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IMGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IMGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IMGN: ImmunoGen, Inc., a biotechnology company, develops targeted anticancer therapeutics. The company develops its products using its targeted antibody payload technology. It offers Kadcyla, an antibody-drug conjugate for the treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Immunogen a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Immunogen has been 761,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Immunogen has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.11 and a short float of 16.2% with 14.16 days to cover. Shares are up 29% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Immunogen as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$23.58 million or 12.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, IMMUNOGEN INC has marginally lower results.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, IMMUNOGEN INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- IMGN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 11.06, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 48.46% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in IMGN do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- IMMUNOGEN INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, IMMUNOGEN INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.87 versus -$0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.81 versus -$0.87).
- You can view the full Immunogen Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.