Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pandora Media ( P) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pandora Media as such a stock due to the following factors:
- P has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $183.9 million.
- P traded 39,475 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:41 AM.
- P is up 3.2% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in P with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for P NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on P: Pandora Media, Inc. provides Internet radio services in the United States. The company allows listeners to create up to 100 personalized stations to access unlimited hours of free music and comedy, as well as offers Pandora One, a paid subscription service to listeners. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Pandora Media a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pandora Media has been 11.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. The stock has a beta of 0.99 and a short float of 26.2% with 4.04 days to cover. Shares are up 173.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pandora Media as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.42 million to -$7.79 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, PANDORA MEDIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.32 million or 181.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- PANDORA MEDIA INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PANDORA MEDIA INC reported poor results of -$0.23 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.03 versus -$0.23).
- 42.71% is the gross profit margin for PANDORA MEDIA INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.94% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Pandora Media Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.