Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Anadarko Petroleum as such a stock due to the following factors:
- APC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $313.0 million.
- APC is down 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APC: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas, crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids (NGLs) in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. APC has a PE ratio of 28.2. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Anadarko Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Anadarko Petroleum has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Anadarko has a market cap of $47.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.32 days to cover. Shares are up 28.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anadarko Petroleum as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.66%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.00% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,502.00 million or 25.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.83%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1143.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$89.00 million to $929.00 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1116.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 38.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.