- KSS has 10x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.19 mentions/day.
- KSS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $174.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KSS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KSS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KSS: Kohl's Corporation operates department stores in the United States. Its stores offer private, exclusive, and national branded apparel, footwear, and accessories for women, men, and children; soft home products, such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle-income customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. KSS has a PE ratio of 13.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Kohl's a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kohl's has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kohl's has a market cap of $12.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.50 and a short float of 12.3% with 7.52 days to cover. Shares are up 32.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kohl's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 39.08% is the gross profit margin for KOHL'S CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.38% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 176.96% to $457.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KOHL'S CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.20%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.76, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.22 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Kohl's Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.