- AA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $338.3 million.
- AA has a PE ratio of 33.1.
- AA is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- AA is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- AA is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- AA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- AA has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.6%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AA: Alcoa Inc. engages in the production and management of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina. The company operates in four segments: Alumina, Primary Metals, Global Rolled Products, and Engineered Products and Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. AA has a PE ratio of 33.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Alcoa a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alcoa has been 26.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alcoa has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 1.80 and a short float of 11.3% with 3.39 days to cover. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alcoa as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 116.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$143.00 million to $24.00 million.
- ALCOA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALCOA INC reported lower earnings of $0.17 versus $0.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.17).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $214.00 million or 18.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 18.63%, ALCOA INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -28.16%.
- The gross profit margin for ALCOA INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.77%. Regardless of AA's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AA's net profit margin of 0.41% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.