- MRO has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.25 mentions/day.
- MRO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $174.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MRO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MRO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MRO: Marathon Oil Corporation operates as an energy company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. MRO has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Marathon Oil a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marathon Oil has been 5.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marathon Oil has a market cap of $25.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.91 days to cover. Shares are up 15% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marathon Oil as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MRO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MARATHON OIL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 67.13%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.87% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $868.00 million or 12.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.83%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 8.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $393.00 million to $426.00 million.
- You can view the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.