ADVISORY, Nov. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- What: Acceleron Pharma Inc. [XLRN], a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with cancer and rare diseases, will visit the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square.
- Acceleron completed a successful IPO in September 2013 which raised net proceeds of approximately $97M.
- Acceleron has three protein therapeutics being studied in 12 ongoing phase 2 clinical trials.
- Acceleron is developing two of its clinical programs (sotatercept and ACE-536) in a joint collaboration with partner Celgene [CELG] for the treatment of anemia in patients with rare blood diseases.
- Acceleron expects to present interim clinical results from its ongoing phase 2 clinical trial of sotatercept in patients with beta-thalassemia in early December at the American Society of Hematology's Annual Meeting.
- Acceleron will announce its third quarter 2013 financial results on Wednesday, November 6 th at 9:00 AM.