Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified DCT Industrial ( DCT) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DCT Industrial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DCT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.2 million.
- DCT has traded 248,982 shares today.
- DCT traded in a range 437.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.63.
- DCT traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 1 day, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 1 calendar day. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DCT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DCT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DCT: DCT Industrial Trust Inc. operates as a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm provides its services to companies. Through its fund, it engages in the ownership, operation, and development of real estate properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate DCT Industrial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for DCT Industrial has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DCT Industrial has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 3.9% with 1.32 days to cover. Shares are up 21.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DCT Industrial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DCT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.12%. Regardless of DCT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DCT's net profit margin of 14.56% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full DCT Industrial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.