(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com today kicked off the 2013 holiday season with the launch of the Black Friday Deals Store ( www.amazon.com/blackfriday) and Electronics Holiday Gift Guide ( www.amazon.com/electronicsgiftguide). This season, Amazon is offering more deals than ever before and making it easy for customers to find the right gifts for everyone on their list. Black Friday Deals StoreThe Amazon Black Friday Deals Store is the leading deals destination this holiday season, offering:
- For the first time ever, two Deals of the Day every day, now through Dec. 22
- Hundreds of Lightning Deals on great gift items every week
- More deals than ever before on thousands of gift items including electronics, toys, clothing, jewelry, home, kitchen and more, now through Black Friday weekend
Top Electronics Gift Trends from AmazonElectronics are always hot gifts for the holidays and 2013 is no exception. With customers looking for a variety of the latest gadgets, Amazon will offer great deals on the electronics that are expected to be at the core of gifting trends this year, including:
- Multiple Kindles At Home: Many customers are purchasing multiple Kindles for a single household. Customers who love to read are choosing Kindle Paperwhite plus a tablet like Kindle Fire HDX for email, web browsing, watching movies and more. Additionally, parents are choosing to purchase multiple Kindle Fire HD tablets –the breakthrough $139 price and Kindle FreeTime, which revolutionizes parental controls, makes this the perfect tablet for families.
- Life Untangled: Your loved ones want to be connected without being tied down. New and improved wireless gadgets such as Bluetooth speakers and headphones from brands like Beats, Sonos, and TDK; lightweight PCs with extended battery life from brands like HP and Acer; and wireless media drives from brands like SanDisk, make it easy for friends and family to enjoy their favorite music, movies and TV shows while on the go.
- Bigger, Bolder Home Theaters: As customers continue to look for a more immersive entertainment experience, 65-inch TVs or larger, 4K Ultra HD resolution TVs, streaming media players for instant access to content and TV soundbars from brands like Sony, Samsung and Roku are the perfect gift for the sports or movie buff on your list.
- Share Holiday Memories with the Ones You Love: It’s easier than ever to capture and share moments with friends and family in high resolution with the latest Wi-Fi enabled cameras from brands like Canon and Sony.
- Growth of Mobile Shopping: More and more Amazon customers shop on a mobile device. In fact, tens of thousands of new customers make their first ever Amazon purchase via mobile devices every day. Amazon’s mobile shopping app offers customers an on-the-go shopping solution, now with opt-in push notifications, making it easy for customers to keep up with the latest deals.
- Prime Continues to Outpace Other Shipping: Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping with Prime continues to be the preferred shipping method among Amazon customers. Amazon now ships more than twice as many items with Prime than with Free Shipping. Prime members enjoy unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 15 million items, unlimited streaming of over 41,000 movies and TV episodes through Prime Instant Video and access to over 350,000 books to borrow through the Kindle Owners' Lending Library. Customers interested in utilizing this fast, free shipping can sign-up for a 30-day free trial by visiting www.amazon.com/prime.