Groupon today announced a completely redesigned website, as well as updated versions of its popular iPhone, Android and iPad mobile apps, all with new features aimed at making it easier than ever for customers to shop Groupon’s vast selection of local deals.
- Personalized Homepage: Curated collections of deals based on the customer’s interests, previous purchases, purchases by other customers with similar interests, and provide doorways into different areas of Groupon’s massive inventory of deals.
- Enhanced Search and Browse: A prominently displayed search bar at the top of every page along with type-ahead suggestions allow customers to easily find deals on demand.
- Cross-Channel Search Results: Search results span all Groupon offers from local deals to places to travel to goods to restaurant reservations and live events for the most interesting and personally relevant deals for each customer.
- Robust Search Filters: For every search or browse click, the results are displayed along with a set of easy-to-use filters that simultaneously showcase Groupon’s selection of deals and enable customers to drill deeper into specific categories and collections based on their interests.
Highlights of the app updates include:
- Local Explorer – The Groupon experience now follows customers as they travel, whether a city away or to a different country. The apps now automatically detect when a mobile customer’s location has changed and send a notification when they are in range of Groupon’s local deals. Inside the app, local deals are automatically selected based on the customer’s current location rather than just their home town.
- Enhanced UX – Like the website, the search bar has been elevated to the top of every screen to provide quick access. The redesigned iPad app also sports a new home page that, like the website’s new home page, presents personalized collections of deals to explore.
- Deal “Favoriting” – iPad customers can now “favorite” deals to save them for quick and easy future reference by selecting the new heart button on the deal pages.
- Additional Markets – The iPad expansion now includes 12 additional markets: Austria, Chile, Colombia, French Canada, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia and Thailand.