Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Fluor Corporation ( FLR) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fluor Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $93.4 million.
- FLR is down 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FLR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FLR: Fluor Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Oil & Gas, Industrial & Infrastructure, Government, Global Services, and Power. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. FLR has a PE ratio of 27.0. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Fluor Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Fluor Corporation has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fluor has a market cap of $12.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 3.2% with 3.94 days to cover. Shares are up 30.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fluor Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 39.07% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FLR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FLR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.99 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 105.10% to $264.05 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, FLUOR CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 109.44%.
- FLUOR CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FLUOR CORP reported lower earnings of $2.69 versus $3.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.06 versus $2.69).
- You can view the full Fluor Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.