- QCOM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $550.4 million.
- QCOM is down 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QCOM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QCOM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QCOM: QUALCOMM Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and markets digital telecommunications products and services. It operates in four segments: QCT, QTL, QWI, and QSI. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. QCOM has a PE ratio of 18.4. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Qualcomm a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Qualcomm has been 9.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Qualcomm has a market cap of $118.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.71 days to cover. Shares are up 11.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qualcomm as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QCOM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 28.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- QCOM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.67, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, QUALCOMM INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- QUALCOMM INC has improved earnings per share by 30.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, QUALCOMM INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.06 versus $2.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.54 versus $3.06).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 125.27% to $2,077.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 89.08%.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.