JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Oct. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Body Central Corp. (Nasdaq:BODY) today announced financial results for the third quarter of 2013. Highlights for the thirteen weeks ended September 28, 2013:
- Net revenues for the quarter decreased 10.4% to $60.8 million, compared to $67.9 million for the third quarter of 2012.
- Store sales decreased 10.1% to $55.7 million due to a comparable-store sales decrease of 18.3%, partially offset by a net increase of 28 stores from the same quarter last year.
- Direct sales decreased by 13.6% to $5.1 million from $5.9 million in the same quarter last year.
- The loss from operations was $15.5 million, as compared to income from operations of $196,000 for the third quarter in 2012.
- The net loss was $9.0 million, or $(0.55) per diluted share based on 16.4 million weighted average shares outstanding. Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $153,000, or $0.01 per diluted share based on 16.3 million weighted average shares outstanding.
- The Company opened 5 new stores during the third quarter and operated 291 stores as of September 28, 2013.