- Net sales were $303 million, a decrease of five percent, compared to $321 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Net loss of $8 million or $(0.06) per diluted share versus net income of $30 million or $0.22 per diluted share in the same period of the prior year. Excluding the impact of $18 million of rationalization and related charges ($13 million, net of tax), adjusted net income * was $6 million or $0.04 per diluted share in the current quarter.
- EBITDA * was $35 million (excluding the impact of rationalization and related charges) as compared to $65 million in the third quarter of 2012. The decline was largely driven by lower realized pricing in our Industrial Materials segment.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $54 million versus $45 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Net debt * was reduced $27 million to $565 million as compared to $592 million at June 30, 2013.
GrafTech International Ltd. (NYSE:GTI) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013 and announced initiatives to improve operating efficiencies and global competitiveness. 2013 Third Quarter Financial Review