" Canada's style and personality is instantly recognizable internationally, and we designed the Olympic uniforms to reflect who we are as a nation," says Hilary Kelley, VP of Design, Hudson's Bay Company. "The Collection embodies modernity and classic refinement. Canadians are passionate about their country; they are avid competitors, they are caring and dedicated. For the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Uniform, we wanted to ensure our amazing athletes could feel proud, confident and carry with them the tremendous support of an entire nation as they prepare to bring home the gold.""I have been fortunate to participate in four Olympic Games, and I know the pride one feels when wearing the red and white while competing internationally," said Jean-Luc Brassard, four-time Olympian, Lillehammer 1994 gold medallist and Assistant Chef de Mission for Sochi 2014. " Hudson's Bay has delivered once again, and our new uniforms beautifully represent our country's drive to be number one in Sochi." Star Items to Watch The 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Collection boasts a bold range of items including colour-blocked tees, classic sweaters and athletic sweatshirts and hoodies, down-filled and puffer jackets, brand new accessories including the famous Red Mittens, and more. Priced from $5 to $30 for Accessories; $12.99 - $50 for Kids/Infants; and $19 - $275 for Men's/Women's Clothing and Outerwear, the full collection is attainable for would-be supporters from coast-to-coast, and makes an ideal gift for the holidays. Star items in the collection include:
- Reversible Down Jacket: Elegant and extremely warm for those cold winter days and nights, the jacket comes in Canada's signature red and black colours and is branded proudly with the 2014 Team Crest on the sleeve.
- Chunky Knit Canada Beaver Sweater: Made from 100 per cent wool and fashioned in all three Canadian colours, red, white and black, this sweater is timeless and comfortable. Inspired by classic sports such as skiing and curling, this cozy Canadian sweater prominently features CANADA strewn across the front chest. On either sleeve, the Canada Leaf and 2014 Team Crest sits patriotically, and on the back of the sweater, rests the beaver curled up around the Canada flag.
- Duffle Coat: A coat that demands attention - inspired by Hudson's Bay's classic Point Blanket, the all-red jacket is accented with a black stripe around the waist. Fashionable and smart, the single-breasted coat is a wool/nylon blend and fits snugly together with a zipper and trendy toggle style buttons.
- Colour-blocked tees: Simplicity, accessibility and style define the new colour-blocked tees. The body of the tees are black with CANADA written across the chest and complemented by red sleeves and white accents.
- 2014 Canadian Paralympic Tee: For the first time ever, Hudson's Bay has partnered with the Canadian Paralympic Committee to design two unique tees that feature the proud emblem of the Canadian Paralympic Team and are available in red for women and black for men.