Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified JDS Uniphase Corp (CA ( JDSU) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified JDS Uniphase Corp (CA as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JDSU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.2 million.
- JDSU is down 5.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JDSU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JDSU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JDSU: JDS Uniphase Corporation provides communications test and measurement solutions, and optical products for telecommunications service providers, wireless operators, cable operators, network-equipment manufacturers, and enterprises worldwide. JDSU has a PE ratio of 61.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate JDS Uniphase Corp (CA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for JDS Uniphase Corp (CA has been 4.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JDS Uniphase Corp (CA has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 2.58 and a short float of 5% with 2.03 days to cover. Shares are up 8.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JDS Uniphase Corp (CA as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JDS UNIPHASE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JDS UNIPHASE CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.24 versus -$0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.66 versus $0.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 516.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$22.20 million to $92.50 million.
- JDSU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, JDSU has a quick ratio of 2.35, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 49.68% is the gross profit margin for JDS UNIPHASE CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.95% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.08% to $57.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, JDS UNIPHASE CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 89.08%.
- You can view the full JDS Uniphase Corp (CA Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.