Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Steris Corporation ( STE) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Steris Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- STE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.8 million.
- STE has traded 142,590 shares today.
- STE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STE: STERIS Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination control, microbial reduction, and procedural support products and services for healthcare, pharmaceutical, scientific, research, industrial, and governmental customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. STE has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Steris Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Steris Corporation has been 263,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Steris has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 2% with 6.16 days to cover. Shares are up 24.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Steris Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 26.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.25% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, STERIS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $30.35 million to $32.32 million.
- You can view the full Steris Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.