Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified SEI Investments Company ( SEIC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SEI Investments Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SEIC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.1 million.
- SEIC has traded 457,780 shares today.
- SEIC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SEIC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SEIC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SEIC: SEI Investments Co. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm provides wealth management and investment advisory services to its clients through its subsidiaries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. SEIC has a PE ratio of 20.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SEI Investments Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for SEI Investments Company has been 750,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. SEI Investments has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.33 days to cover. Shares are up 31% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SEI Investments Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, SEI INVESTMENTS CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.03% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- SEI INVESTMENTS CO has improved earnings per share by 31.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SEI INVESTMENTS CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.17 versus $1.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.39 versus $1.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 32.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $50.74 million to $67.20 million.
- You can view the full SEI Investments Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.