Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Clarcor ( CLC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Clarcor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.1 million.
- CLC has traded 167,105 shares today.
- CLC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLC: CLARCOR Inc. provides filtration products, filtration systems and services, and consumer and industrial packaging products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. CLC has a PE ratio of 23.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Clarcor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Clarcor has been 165,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Clarcor has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 3.5% with 11.17 days to cover. Shares are up 17.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clarcor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 18.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CLC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.15, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 36.09% is the gross profit margin for CLARCOR INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.92% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CLC's share price has jumped by 33.53%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- CLARCOR INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CLARCOR INC's EPS of $2.43 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $2.43. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.50 versus $2.43).
- You can view the full Clarcor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.