Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified IAC/InterActiveCorp ( IACI) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified IAC/InterActiveCorp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IACI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.5 million.
- IACI traded 114,652 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:50 AM, representing 11.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IACI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IACI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IACI: IAC/InterActiveCorp operates as a media and Internet company in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. IACI has a PE ratio of 23.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate IAC/InterActiveCorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for IAC/InterActiveCorp has been 905,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. IAC/InterActiveCorp has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 0.54 and a short float of 8.4% with 5.88 days to cover. Shares are up 14.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IAC/InterActiveCorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IACI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for IAC/INTERACTIVECORP is rather high; currently it is at 65.87%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, IACI's net profit margin of 7.29% significantly trails the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.36, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that IACI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.51 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full IAC/InterActiveCorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.