Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, today released a new version of the company’s app designed specifically for Android tablets. Pandora 5.0 for Android tablets brings the entire experience to design and feature parity with the service’s popular Android smartphone app and the Pandora app on all iOS devices. Pandora Chief Technology Officer and EVP of Product, Tom Conrad said, “The launch of Pandora 5.0 for Android tablets offers a significantly upgraded experience for an important segment of Pandora listeners. The tablet category continues to demonstrate strong growth and as a top Android app, Pandora now natively supports hundreds of different Android tablets. We’re delighted to deliver our Android users an optimized tablet app that will take them on a new journey of personalized music discovery, exploration and sharing.” Pandora 5.0 for Android tablets includes:
- Enhanced Listening Experience & Personalization – The app interface is optimized for larger screens and features upgraded core Pandora functionality, such as adding variety to a station and viewing station details, in addition to the ability to easily shuffle, rename and delete stations.
- Deeper Music Discovery & Exploration – Listeners can explore more about the artist and album that is currently playing as well as easily purchase tracks from Amazon through the “Now Playing” screen and enriched artist pages that include similar artists and genome traits of the current track playing, plus lyrics, artist biographies and album discographies.
- Personal Music Profile & Music Feed – Detailed timeline captures music preferences for each individual listener, such as stations created, bookmarked tracks and thumb history with the option for users to make the profile either public or private. The Music Feed offers a centralized place to view music activity, making it easy to explore what friends and other listeners with similar musical tastes are discovering and enjoying on Pandora.
- Connect & Share Music with Friends – Social sharing features are now easier than ever to navigate on Android tablets with the updated user interface. Listeners can publish their music activity to Facebook with the Pandora Timeline app, as well as manually share links to favorite stations with followers on Twitter.
- New Pandora Branding – Updated Pandora brand identity includes new logo and app icon.