Atlantic Broadband, the nation's 13 th largest cable operator, along with its partner TiVo, Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the leading provider of advanced television solutions, today announced it is the country’s first cable service provider to offer TiVo’s newest digital entertainment service. Atlantic Broadband customers now have a fully integrated and supported TiVo service, receiving live, recorded and on-demand television and web content on any screen, wherever they are. “Consumers today are inundated with digital entertainment choices on many different screens and they remain confused and frustrated about where, what and how to best enjoy all their options. For our customers, the new TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband will fundamentally transform and simplify their TV viewing experience and permanently solve the ‘nothing on TV’ challenge,” said David Isenberg, Atlantic Broadband's Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer. “Today’s announcement underscores our commitment to continuous innovation by delivering exactly what customers want, where and when they want it, all at a great value. The new TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband is a real game-changer for cable, and we’re excited to be the first to offer our customers the ultimate television experience.” Only the TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband offers the complete combination of features and capabilities to include:
- “No Compromises” Viewing – TiVo’s new T6 platform can record up to six shows at once, store up to 1,000 shows and can deliver full DVR service (such as pause and rewind) on every TV in the home.
- Instant Recommendations – The new “What to Watch Now” menu provides shortcuts to popular TV shows, movies, and live sporting events currently playing. TiVo even proactively records suggested programs so there’s always something interesting ready to be watched.
- Unlimited Mobility – Live TV can be easily streamed to tablets and smart phones anywhere at home; customers can also download their favorite shows and view them wherever they want.
- Powerful Search – Create a WishList® search and TiVo will constantly scour millions of choices and automatically record when it matches the actor, subject or favorite team users are looking for.
- The Internet on TV – Millions of web videos and popular web apps including Pandora, YouTube, Picasa, AOL ON and more bring the best of the web directly to the TV.
- Hassle-Free Setup – With one call and no equipment to buy, Atlantic Broadband’s responsive local technicians will come to a customer’s home, install the service and answer any questions so users can spend more time enjoying great TV.
- Bundled Savings – The new TiVo service is built into every one of Atlantic Broadband’s feature-rich bundles combining great TV, Internet and Phone services at big savings over retail rates.
Bundle PricingThe TiVo service is built into Atlantic Broadband’s new suite of Double and Triple Play Bundles at no extra charge, offering significantly more options and greater value than satellite and Telco providers can provide to include blazingly fast Internet speeds and unlimited local and long distance calling anywhere in U.S. With the new TiVo bundle, Atlantic Broadband customers will receive extra features like Whole Home HD, Home Networking Support and free movies and original series from providers like Starz and Encore. Bundle prices start as low as $99.99 per month. Existing Atlantic Broadband DVR customers can easily upgrade to the new TiVo Service for only $10 more per month. Availability The first deployment of the TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband launches today in Cumberland, MD. Other market launches in 2013 include Miami, FL and Aiken, S.C. with additional markets coming in early 2014. About Atlantic Broadband Atlantic Broadband, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cogeco Cable Inc. (TSX: CCA), is the 13 th largest cable operator in the United States, based on number of Basic Cable customers served. The company provides TV, Internet and Phone services to more than 230,000 residential and business customers located in four operating regions: Western Pennsylvania, Miami Beach, Maryland/Delaware, and Aiken, S.C. Atlantic Broadband is headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts. Additional information is available at www.atlanticbb.com. About TiVo Inc. Founded in 1997, TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO) developed the first commercially available digital video recorder (DVR). TiVo offers the TiVo service and TiVo DVRs directly to consumers online at www.TiVo.com and through third-party retailers. TiVo also distributes its technology and services through solutions tailored for cable, satellite and broadcasting companies. Since its founding, TiVo has evolved into the ultimate single solution media center by combining its patented DVR technologies and universal cable box capabilities with the ability to aggregate, search, and deliver millions of pieces of broadband, cable, and broadcast content directly to the television. An economical, one-stop-shop for in-home entertainment, TiVo's intuitive functionality and ease of use puts viewers in control by enabling them to effortlessly navigate the best digital entertainment content available through one box, with one remote, and one user interface, delivering the most dynamic user experience on the market today. TiVo also continues to weave itself into the fabric of the media industry by providing interactive advertising solutions and audience research and measurement ratings services to the television industry. TiVo, the TiVo logo, WishList, Season Pass, and T6 are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. or its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.