OTTAWA, Oct. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Validian Corp. (OTCQB:VLDI), the first-to-market with the next generation of cyber security technology for the management and protection of digital information, data and assets, today discussed the significance of its technology to non-mobile and mobile application developers, its development progression, as well as Validian's plan to capitalize on it moving forward. The significance of Validian technology lies in that it is the first and only cyber security technology that provides far greater security and capabilities than secure socket layer (ssl) even when ssl is combined with public key infrastructure (PKI) for both mobile and non-mobile applications over wired and wireless networks:
- Validian authenticates applications thereby preventing all unauthorized access of any mobile or non-mobile application and thereby preventing cyber attacks directed at both mobile and non-mobile applications, which currently comprise more than 90% of all cyber attacks. ssl and PKI-ssl cannot authenticate applications and therefore cannot prevent these attacks;
- Validian encrypts all digital information at the data byte level inside the sending application and decrypts the digital information inside the receiving application so that the data never travels unencrypted before the encryption process or after the decryption process. With ssl and PKI-ssl, unencrypted data can be stolen in transit before and after the encryption and decryption process;
- Validian dynamically changes all cryptographic keys so that no cryptographic keys are stored and therefore cannot be stolen to decrypt encrypted data. ssl and PKI-ssl store the symmetrical key on the end point device and every hacker knows where to find it. An additional advantage of this is that it took over 11 months and $100 million just to change the cryptographic keys once for the U.S. banking industry. Validian would do this in less than one second each and every time for no additional cost;
- Validian secures peer--to-peer, client-server and server-to-server communications and can both compress and encrypt the same data. ssl and PKI-ssl cannot secure peer-to-peer communications and can only compress OR encrypt the same data - it cannot do both;
- Validian dynamically changes any policies governing communication of data, including changing encryption algorithms, keys, key life time and level of compression, and distributes these automatically, immediately and transparently to any combination of end points without having to re-develop or re-install the software. ssl and PKI-ssl cannot do this. For example, ssl and PKI-ssl developers must "pick one" algorithm of many available and different parties prefer different algorithms. End point devices like Smartphones must have the same algorithm to communicate encrypted data with each other. Are customers supposed to carry several different Smartphones, each with a different algorithm, just to communicate securely with the rest of their world? Validian has a better solution. Its technology integrates all available algorithms into each Smartphone or end point device and lets the customer choose whatever algorithm they want to use at any point in time, immediately and instantaneously.