- EOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $340.9 million.
- EOG has a PE ratio of 46.8.
- EOG is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- EOG is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- EOG is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- EOG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- EOG has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EOG: EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of crude oil and natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. EOG has a PE ratio of 46.8. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for EOG Resources has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EOG has a market cap of $46.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.51 and a short float of 2% with 2.93 days to cover. Shares are up 42.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.44, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.01, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for EOG RESOURCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.38%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.33% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,890.78 million or 26.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.32%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 66.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $395.78 million to $659.69 million.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.