ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) today unveiled new additions to its Mali™ GPU family, the industry’s most widely-licensed GPU IP, which scales the entire product stack from premium mobile devices to cost-optimized smartphones. The ARM Mali-T760 GPU delivers unmatched levels of performance within the increasingly constrained thermal envelopes associated with high-end tablets and smartphones. The ARM Mali-T720 GPU is uniquely designed for System on Chip (SoC) providers servicing high-growth markets, the success of which is characterized by reduced time to market and lower manufacturing costs. Lead licensees for the new ARM Mali GPUs include MediaTek, Rockchip and LG Electronics whose lead license was announced May this year. “ARM Mali GPUs unit shipments have increased by more than 10x over the past two years and it is the unquestioned leader in Android devices today,” said Pete Hutton, executive vice president and general manager, Media Processing Division, ARM. “The Mali-T700 Series family builds on our industry leadership in balancing power, area and functionality while incorporating new energy-saving features at the high-end and matching the time-to-market dynamics of the low-end. This combination gives our SoC partners a competitive edge, without compromising on performance and energy-efficiency.” Stunning Visual Performance-Per-Watt and Industry-Leading GPU Compute The Mali-T760 GPU extends ARM’s high-end graphics and GPU compute roadmap to take premium mobile devices to the next level of user experience. Key benefits and features of the new ARM Mali-T760 GPU include:
- An increase in energy efficiency and performance of approximately 400 percent over the ARM Mali-T604 GPU;
- Scaling to 16 shader cores, which doubles the previous generation, plus an increase in both performance per shader core and overall performance;
- Reduction of internal and SoC bandwidth utilization, significantly reducing energy consumption, enabled by ARM Frame Buffer Compression (AFBC), and Smart Composition, delivering more than 50 percent reduction in total memory bandwidth utilization;
- Simplified implementation through reduced wire count and layout congestion for larger core count implementations, accelerating time to market;
- Part of a complete system story including ARM Cortex®-A processors and system coherency with ARM CoreLink™ CCI-400 Cache Coherent Interconnect;
- ARM POP™ IP for ARM Mali-T760 GPU will speed development and shorten implementation for market-leading performance implementations initially targeting TSMC 28HPM and TSMC 16FF process technologies.
Benefits and features of the new ARM Mali-T720 GPU include:
- Greater than 150 percent energy efficiency increase over the ARM Mali-400 GPU;
- Faster implementations achieved through high routing density and a simplified design;
- Die area reduction by almost 30 percent while increasing graphics performance above 50% over previous cost optimized graphics processors;
- Leading-edge APIs OpenGL® ES 3.0*, OpenCL™ and RenderScript APIs delivered to the low-end smartphone market for the first time;
- POP IP for ARM Mali-T720 GPU offers area-optimized implementations balancing low power and performance initially targeting TSMC 28HPM process technology.
Download Shared Purpose - 8 Leadership Lessons for the Ecosystem AgeThe secrets of success from the Connected Community surrounding ARMARM website: http://www.arm.comARM Connected Community: http://www.arm.com/communityARM Blogs: http://blogs.arm.comARMFlix on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/armflix ARM on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ARMPROffice http://twitter.com/ARMMultimedia http://twitter.com/ARMMobile http://twitter.com/ARMCommunity http://twitter.com/ARMEmbedded http://twitter.com/ARMSoC http://twitter.com/ARMTools http://twitter.com/SoftwareOnARM ARM, Artisan and AMBA and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited. CoreLink, big.LITTLE, Mali and POP are trademarks of ARM Limited. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. “ARM" is used to represent ARM Holdings plc; its operating company ARM Limited; and the regional subsidiaries ARM Inc.; ARM KK; ARM Korea Limited.; ARM Taiwan Limited; ARM France SAS; ARM Consulting (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; ARM Germany GmbH; ARM Embedded Technologies Pvt. Ltd.; ARM Norway, AS and ARM Sweden AB.