- An increase in energy efficiency and performance of approximately 400 percent over the ARM Mali-T604 GPU;
- Scaling to 16 shader cores, which doubles the previous generation, plus an increase in both performance per shader core and overall performance;
- Reduction of internal and SoC bandwidth utilization, significantly reducing energy consumption, enabled by ARM Frame Buffer Compression (AFBC), and Smart Composition, delivering more than 50 percent reduction in total memory bandwidth utilization;
- Simplified implementation through reduced wire count and layout congestion for larger core count implementations, accelerating time to market;
- Part of a complete system story including ARM Cortex®-A processors and system coherency with ARM CoreLink™ CCI-400 Cache Coherent Interconnect;
- ARM POP™ IP for ARM Mali-T760 GPU will speed development and shorten implementation for market-leading performance implementations initially targeting TSMC 28HPM and TSMC 16FF process technologies.
Benefits and features of the new ARM Mali-T720 GPU include:
- Greater than 150 percent energy efficiency increase over the ARM Mali-400 GPU;
- Faster implementations achieved through high routing density and a simplified design;
- Die area reduction by almost 30 percent while increasing graphics performance above 50% over previous cost optimized graphics processors;
- Leading-edge APIs OpenGL® ES 3.0*, OpenCL™ and RenderScript APIs delivered to the low-end smartphone market for the first time;
- POP IP for ARM Mali-T720 GPU offers area-optimized implementations balancing low power and performance initially targeting TSMC 28HPM process technology.
Download Shared Purpose - 8 Leadership Lessons for the Ecosystem AgeThe secrets of success from the Connected Community surrounding ARMARM website: http://www.arm.comARM Connected Community: http://www.arm.com/communityARM Blogs: http://blogs.arm.comARMFlix on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/armflix ARM on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ARMPROffice http://twitter.com/ARMMultimedia http://twitter.com/ARMMobile http://twitter.com/ARMCommunity http://twitter.com/ARMEmbedded http://twitter.com/ARMSoC http://twitter.com/ARMTools http://twitter.com/SoftwareOnARM ARM, Artisan and AMBA and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited. CoreLink, big.LITTLE, Mali and POP are trademarks of ARM Limited. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. “ARM" is used to represent ARM Holdings plc; its operating company ARM Limited; and the regional subsidiaries ARM Inc.; ARM KK; ARM Korea Limited.; ARM Taiwan Limited; ARM France SAS; ARM Consulting (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; ARM Germany GmbH; ARM Embedded Technologies Pvt. Ltd.; ARM Norway, AS and ARM Sweden AB.