- FLO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.7 million.
- FLO has traded 992,211 shares today.
- FLO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FLO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FLO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FLO: Flowers Foods, Inc. produces and markets bakery products in the United States. It operates in two segments, Direct-Store-Delivery (DSD) and Warehouse Delivery. The DSD segment produces fresh bakery foods, including fresh breads, buns, rolls, tortillas, and snack cakes. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. FLO has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Flowers Foods a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Flowers Foods has been 988,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Flowers has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 3.1% with 4.92 days to cover. Shares are up 39.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Flowers Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FLOWERS FOODS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FLOWERS FOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.66 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.66).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 63.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $28.38 million to $46.46 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, FLOWERS FOODS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $88.77 million or 33.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FLOWERS FOODS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -33.88%.
- You can view the full Flowers Foods Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.