- BDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $70.1 million.
- BDX has traded 374,392 shares today.
- BDX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BDX: Becton, Dickinson and Company, a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and sells medical devices, instrument systems, and reagents worldwide. The company's BD Medical segment produces medical devices that are used in various healthcare settings. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. BDX has a PE ratio of 18.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Becton Dickinson a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Becton Dickinson has been 806,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Becton Dickinson has a market cap of $19.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 3.7% with 10.90 days to cover. Shares are up 29.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Becton Dickinson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 26.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BDX's share price has jumped by 40.85%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BDX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BECTON DICKINSON & CO' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BECTON DICKINSON & CO's EPS of $5.32 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $5.32. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $5.32).
- BDX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.84 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BDX's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.10 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for BECTON DICKINSON & CO is rather high; currently it is at 57.75%. Regardless of BDX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.69% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Becton Dickinson Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.