Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Colony Financial ( CLNY) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Colony Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.8 million.
- CLNY traded 65,900 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:23 AM, representing 17.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLNY: Colony Financial, Inc. operates as a real estate investment and finance company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.9%. CLNY has a PE ratio of 17.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Colony Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Colony Financial has been 634,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Colony Financial has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 7.3% with 12.32 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Colony Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLNY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COLONY FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.37%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 57.87% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 110.92% to $31.86 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COLONY FINANCIAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.58%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 69.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.10 million to $25.65 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Colony Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.