- AGNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $115.0 million.
- AGNC is down 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGNC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGNC: American Capital Agency Corp. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 13.3%. AGNC has a PE ratio of 2.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate American Capital Agency a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for American Capital Agency has been 7.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. American Capital Agency has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.22 and a short float of 3% with 2.42 days to cover. Shares are down 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Capital Agency as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 800.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$261.00 million to $1,829.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP reported lower earnings of $4.40 versus $5.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.98 versus $4.40).
- AGNC's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 25.69%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $494.00 million or 19.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full American Capital Agency Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.