REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, and Exterro, the leading provider ofworkflow-driven e-discovery software, announced that they arecollaborating to integrate Informatica Data Archive with Exterro Fusion®to empower customers to substantially reduce the costs, time andrisks associated with compliance and e-discovery. The integration will provide organizations with a single pointof control for orchestrating legal and preservation holds on datastored across Informatica Data Archive and a range of othersources. Informatica Data Archive's Data Vault is the firststructured data repository to be supported by Exterro. Optimized for easy business access to archived data, InformaticaData Archive provides robust archiving support for all types ofenterprise application data. Exterro Fusion supports the end-to-ende-discovery cycle while simplifying control, visibility anddefensibility. Together, Informatica Data Archive and Exterro Fusion willenable customers to:
- Save e-discovery and compliance time - Organizationswill be able to leverage a single place for searching across abroad range of structured and unstructured data stores for relevantinformation, and a single tool for automating, monitoring andreporting on data preservation actions.
- Minimize costs - The cost of managingpreservation orders will be significantly lowered throughautomation, costly over-preservation is avoided, and the need toincur collect-to-preserve costs is eliminated.
- Reduce risk - Organizations will be able to reducereliance on custodian self-collection, automate the suspension andreinstatement of disposition policies, and leverage in-place datapreservation to avoid guesswork and reduce risk.
"Corporate legal departments are requiring greater visibilityinto the data stored throughout the organization, as well as thepreservation policies governing that data, both structured andunstructured," said Ted Gary, senior product marketing manager,Exterro. "The Informatica-Exterro integration will enable clientsto defensibly and proactively demonstrate full compliance withe-discovery preservation obligations."Companies engaging in e-discovery face a number of keychallenges. These typically include no central place to search forrelevant matter across structured and unstructured data stores, alack of integrated legal holds and preservation holds, a lack ofaudit trails, and no automated deletion policy suspension andreinstatement. The integration of Exterro Fusion and InformaticaData Archive will eliminate these challenges and enableorganizations to:
- Utilize a single point of control and the organization's systemof record for preservation obligations to orchestrate holds acrossa range of data sources, including Informatica Data Archive,Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Conveniently identify data across unstructured and structureddata that may be relevant to a case, including data archived inInformatica Data Archive.
- Simplify the enforcement and tracking of a legal hold on datastored in Informatica Data Archive from Fusion Legal Hold™ usingprecise filter criteria. This will help avoid costlyover-preservation of data and automatically create an audit trailon preservation efforts, required by the courts and regulatoryauthorities.
- Monitor the progress and enforcement of the preservation holdin Informatica Data Archive from Fusion Legal Hold.
- Remove the preservation hold subsequently from Fusion LegalHold to prevent "orphaned" preservation holds.
- Authoritatively manage multiple, and possibly overlapping,preservation holds associated with multiple matters, avoidinginadvertent releases of information due to confusion about holdstatus.
AvailabilityInformatica Data Archive and Exterro Fusion integration isavailable in a limited release today with general availability fromInformatica in December 2013. The integration is being unveiledthis week at the ARMA 2013Conference and Expo, October 28-30, in Las Vegas. Moreinformation is available at Exterro's booth #555. Tweet this: News @InformaticaCorp Data Archiveto Integrate with @Exterro Fusion E-Discovery Software Suite http://bit.ly/1dg3ww0 About Exterro Exterro, Inc. is the leading provider ofworkflow-driven e-discovery software. Designated a leader fore-discovery software by Gartner, Exterro Fusion deliverscomplete views into the critical data and workflows required fordefensibly and proactively managing e-discovery across the EDRM.The innovative suite of e-discovery applications, supported by theExterro Fusion Platform, unifies all phases of e-discovery -from identification, legal hold and early case assessment (ECA) tocollection, processing, analysis, review and production. Thesystem's open architecture seamlessly integrates existing businessprocesses and enterprise infrastructures. To learn more,visit www.exterro.com. About Informatica Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software. Organizations around the world rely onInformatica to realize their informationpotential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, theindustry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM),powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of theInformatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend onInformatica to fully leverage their information assets from devicesto mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For moreinformation, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), orvisit www.informatica.com.Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informaticaand http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp. ###
Note: Informatica, Informatica Data Archive, the Informatica Platform, PowerCenter and InformaticaVibe are trademarks or registered trademarks of InformaticaCorporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughoutthe world. All other company and product names may be trade namesor trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Steve Bauer Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 4159 +1 650 670 7135 firstname.lastname@example.org