Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified TAL Education Group ( XRS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified TAL Education Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XRS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- XRS has traded 270,662 shares today.
- XRS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XRS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XRS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XRS: TAL Education Group, together with its subsidiaries, provides K-12 after-school tutoring services under the Xueersi brand name in China. XRS has a PE ratio of 35.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate TAL Education Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for TAL Education Group has been 196,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. TAL Education Group has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 55% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TAL Education Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- XRS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, TAL EDUCATION GROUP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 48.01% is the gross profit margin for TAL EDUCATION GROUP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.12% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 64.96% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- You can view the full TAL Education Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.